MADHYA PRADESH

A True Place To Enjoy

  • Madhya Pradesh-
  • Gwalior-
  • Mandu-
  • Khajuraho-
  • Ujjain-
  • Kahna-
  • Chitrakoot
  • Omkareshwer-
  • Jabalpur-
  • Panchmari-

ABOUT MADHYA PRADESH
Madhya Pradesh, in its present form, cameinto existence on November 1,2000 following its bifurcation to create a new state of Chhattisgarh.The undivided Madhya Pradesh was founded on November 1, 1956.Madhya Pradesh, because of its central location in India, has remained a crucible of historical currents from North, South, East and West.

Paleolithic, Mesolithic, Neolithic, Chalcolithic and Iron Age Cultures have flourished in the state along Narmada Valley and other river valleys. Rich archaeological wealth has been unearthed in various parts of the state throwing light on its history.

Evidences of earliest human settlements have been found in Bhimbethika and other places of Raisen district. Over 600 rock shelters have been discovered in Bhimbethika. About 500 caves have rock paintings, which depict the life of pre-historic cave-dwellers. Sanchi in Raisen district is a world renowned Buddhist centre known forits stupas, monuments, temples and pillars dating from 3rd century B.C. to 12th century A.D. The most famous Sanchi stupa was built by the Mauryan Emperor Ashoka, then governor of Ujjain. Bhojpur, in the same district is famous for its incomplete but marvelous Shiva temple, built by legendary Parmar King of Dhar, Raja Bhoj (1010-53).Khajuraho in Chhatarpur district is renowned the world over for its unique temples. Built by Chandela rulers from 950-1050 A.D., in a truly inspired burst of creativity these temples are a unique gift to the world. Orchha in Tikamgarh district is a medieval legacy in stone built by Bundela rulers in the 16th and 17th centuries. This land is hallowed by the memories of the great warrior Chhatrasal who illumined the pages of history by his heroic deeds.Madhya Pradesh has a number of important pilgrimage centres. While Ujjain and Omkareshwar have special significance due to Shrines having two of the twelve jyotirlingas, Maheshwar, Mandleshwar, Amarkantak, Hoshangabad are also important in their own rights.

Madhya Pradesh has produced great men and women who are held in high esteem due to their great deeds. India's immortal poet-dramatist Kalidas belonged to Ujjain and great musician Tansen to Gwalior. Bravery of great women like Durgawati, Avantibai, Kamlapati and Devi Ahilya Bai is inscribed in golden letters in history.In the freedom struggle, many movements were successfully launched in Madhya Pradesh coinciding with the Non-Cooperation Movement and Quit India Movement. Flag Satyagraha of Jabalpur in 1923, Salt Satyagraha of 1930 in Jabalpur and Jangle Satyagraha started by tribals are the notable movements. Almost all parts of the state were active in freedom struggle, though at different times.Madhya Pradesh is the second largest Indian state in size with an area of 308,000 sq. kms


HISTORY
Madhya Pradesh occupies perhaps the oldest part of the subcontinent. Close to Bhopal at Bhimbetka are the pre-historic caves that preserve some fascinating paintings dating back toPaleolithic times. Experts have concluded that these are at least asold as the specimen at Pyrnees.

This was perhaps one of the earliest dwellings of human beings. In fact, the excavations here have revealed a cultural sequence right from the late stone age to the early historical period.Madhya Pradesh is therichest state in the country in respect of painted rock-shelters, the majority of which have been found in the districts of Sehore, Bhopal, Raisen, Hoshangabad and Sagar.During the ascendancy of the Guptas the whole region came under the domain of the imperial Guptas and subsequently formed part of Harshvardhan'sempire. With the decline in imperial power the province was broken up into small principalities contending forever to establish their supremacy over one another.Chandels were one such dynasty claiming descent from the moon, who carved out a strong prosperous kingdom for themselves after the decline of the great empire. There was a short spell of inspired construction activity under the Chandels in the 10th to 11th centuries. They are the ones who have left behind the cluster of matchless temples at Khajuraho.

Chandels were followed by Pratihara and Gaharwar Rajput dynasties claiming mythical origins relating their scions to the gods or heroes in the epics. They lived and died by a difficult code of chivalry, wasted away scarce resources in an expensive feudal life style and could not ultimately keep at bay the expanding Muslim power. Rulers of Malwa fought a running battle with the subedars of Gujarat or the commanders of the Sultan of Delhi throughout the sultanate period. The grand Moghul Akbar succeeded in subduing most of them and his sterner grandson Aurangzeb broke through the last pockets of resistance in this region.

Many of the smaller kingdoms trace their origins to the lands granted by the emperor at Delhi to those who had served him well. Bir Singh Deo of Orchcha was for instance installed on his throne by Jehangir who felt obliged to the Bundela chieftain for having removed a painful thorn - Abul Fazal, from his side. Abul Fazal one of the nine jewels of Akbar's court, was murdered at his behest near Gwalior.

Some other principalities came into being with branching of families, internecine quarrels and the munificence of the Marathas who were indomitable with - the decline of the Moghuls. Rulers of Ratlam and Sitamau claim close relationship with the ruling house of jodhpur in Rajasthan.

In course of time the Marathas were replaced by the British who entered into treaty relationships with these princely states and established paramountcy over them. This was the Raj period when the Central Provinces were left for the large part outside developments in British India. The Maharajas were free to indulge in their expensive whims much to the chagrin of their poor populace. This is the world evoked by Kipling in his jungle Book and chronicled by E M Forster in The Hill of Devi. Jhabua, Nagod, Alirajpur, Sarguja, Dewas Senior and junior were quaint names of exotic places where eccentric Englishmen could strive to carve out a career or amass a fortune or simply drop out to. These were destinations where the Prince of Wales or the Viceroy could be taken out for the treat of his life - a tiger shoot, or to savour the extravagant life style of the Maharajas. Most of these blue blooded gentry were content to be renowned for their prowess with a heavy gun or patronage of arts and crafts.

The stirrings of the national movement were slow in this region as most of the area was not directly ruled by the British. Undaunted freedom fighters carried Mahatma Gandhi's message to the masses and exhorted them to take up the battle against colonialism. Some like SubhadraKumari Chauhan nostalgically evoked the regional tradition of valour to inspire her compatriots.


ABOUT GWALIOR
Situated in Madhya pradesh, Gwalior is known as "the land of music, art and history". It is the birth place of the legendery Miyan Tansen (Music Samrat). An ancient city boasting of its rich cultural heritage of the great Rajput, the Kachchwas and the Tomar dynasties. The city is proud of its ancient culture blended with modern outlook.Gwalior houses one of India's oldest fort the Gwalior Fort which has within its vast premises, the carved Jain Sculptures, the Mansingh Palalce, and several other attractions.

Every crumbling wall of the temple and monument has a story to tell. The majestic Gwalior Fort still stands tall. Each and every corner of the fort has seen the change of fate of many powerful dynasties. Gwalior is just the perfect tourist destination for those who want to get a glimpse of the era that has seen the might of Rani Laxmibai ,the Indian Joan of Arc. Great care has been taken to preserve the memories of the glorious past of this ancient city. History comes alive when one visits the palaces and the museums. Gwalior today has a population of approx. one million. It is sorrounded by 5 industrial areas with various nationals and multinational companies such as SRF and Cadburys. Forming a part of the Heritage Tourism belt, Gwalior is a city of tourist attraction. Gwalior has the largest and the only base in India, for Mirage 2000. As a city, Gwalior is divided into three urban sections-Gwalior the old city, Morar is the cantonment area and Lashkar is the new city. Lashkar is famous as it is lined up with bazaar, market complexes and showrooms. Shopping in Gwalior can be a rare experience as there numerous bazaars such as the Sarafa Bazaar famous for jewellery ,sarees and handicraft. There is Topi Bazaar well known for leather goods. All these Bazaars may not have a sophisticated look but still they have a charm that reminds of the bygone era. Gwalior is a geart city steeped in history and culture and those who want to experience its glorious past should pay a vist to this place.


HISTORY
The original name of the city Gwaleoor has been derived from the name of Saint Gwaleepa who according to the locals, cured the Kachchawa prince SurajSen who was suffering from leprosy .The British called it Gwalior.In the past the city was known as Pourab.As early as the 6th century BC, Huns invaded Gwalior and captured the city. During the reign of Kachawa Kings, Gwalior flourished.When Parihars snatched Gwalior from Kachawas, Iltutmish laid seige and captured the city in 1232AD. Again, Gwalior went into the hands of Tomar Rajputs. in 1338AD. Tomar Raja Man Singh enthroned in 1486AD and golden age of began. Gwalior became "the pearl in the necklace of the castles of Hind". Man Singh defended the attack by Sikander Lodhi of Delhi in 1505AD but died during Imbrahim Lodhi's seige in 1516 AD.

The history of Gwalior is incomplete without mentioning the majestic Gwalior Fort. According to Babar, the founder of Mughal Empire in India,Gwalior Fort is the most precious gem in India.It was Suraj Pal ,the Kachawah prince who founded the Gwalior Fort in 525 AD on Gopachal mountain. This fort has witnessed the change of fortune of several dynasties.During the reign of the Great Tomar King , Man Singh(1486-1516) the fort was greatly invincible.The fort was also conquered by the Mughal emperor Babar .After the fall of Mughals ,in 1754 Scindhia (Maratha )took possession of Gwalior. In 1780,British East India Co occupied Gwalior but Scindhia remained the ruler.Scindhia Raj Jayaji Raj Scindhia(1843-86) was loyal to British,whereas 18000 strong army of Scindhia deserted their King and joined the Sepoy Mutiny on June 14 under the leadership of Lakshmi Bai, Queen of Jhansi. Later, mutiny leader Tantia Tope was taken prisoner -of-war and the Queen of Jhansi died in the battle field.British conquered the fort and handed over the control of the fort to Scindhia in 1885 as a gift of loyalty. .In post independence period,Scindia family has been active in Indian politics.


TOURIST ATTRACTION

Gwalior Fort
Situated at 91m higher than the city ,2.8km long x 200-800m wide, sorrounded by 9m high wall , made of sand stone on vertical hill, the majestic Gwalior fort is one of the largest and the mightiest forts in India. Standing on a steep mass of sandstone the fort dominates the city like a great monolith and is its most magnificient monument.The imposing structure inspired the emperor Babar to describe it as 'the Pearl amongst the Fortresses of Hind'.

Man Mandir Palace
The glory of Gwalior fort is epitomized in the resplendent Man Mandir,built between 1486 and 1517 by Raja Man Singh.Delicate decorative carvings add to the beauty of this place.The Man Mandir Palace still depicts the chivalry and heroism in its ambience and the chambers are intricately designed.

Maqbara of Md Ghous and Tansen
Afghan Prince Ghous Maqbara is very attractive. On 4-sides there are hexagonal towers with a dome in the middle.Lattice work or jhilmili style of Gwalior is found in the maqbara of Ghous.

Daata Bandi Chhor Gurudwara
In the trial of Jahangir, the 6th Sikh Guru Hargobind refused to pay a fine of rupees two lakh ,as consequence the Guru was sentenced to 2 months imprisonment here in this Man Mandir. In memory a Gurudwara was built named Bandi Chhor which is a sacred place to the Sikhs.The marble made Gurudwara has a dome, wrapped in gold.

Jai Vilas Palace
Built in 1872-74 on the occasion of the arrival of Prince of Wales ,it resembles the Italian Palazo.Sir Michael Filose mixed the Doric, Taksan and Corinthian style.The Grand Durbar is one of the finest in the world.Its is painted with gold leaves and decorated with enormous mirrors. Roofed with stone slabs,the hall is 36ft long.Asia's biggest pair of chandeliers hang in the Darbar HallThe carpet spread over is Asia's largest single carpet.

Garhi Mitawali
Famous for the chausath yogini temple ,built in a circular structure ,it is situated on a hundred feet high mountain.Inside the center of the temple,a circular temple of Lord Shiva is present.It is attached with a circular verandah consisting of 64 rooms and a big courtyard.The of Parliament of India resembles the circular structure of this temple.It is about 40kms from Gwalior.

Garhi Padawali
Established during the Gupta period,this place is famous for a splendid ancient Vishnu Temple which was later transformed into a big 'Gahri'. The terrace, courtyard and the assembly hall inside the temple are worth watching.There are thousands of sculptures embellised inside the temple.The statue of a lion standing at the gate is a reminder of the ancient culture.One can also get a glimpse of the ruins of several villages and temples near Gharon village inhabited near modern Padawali.

Bateshwar
Situated near Padawali , Bateshwar valley is famous for about 400 small and large temples most of which are in ruined state. Built during 7th to 12th century A.D. the ambience here takes you to a different era.

Teli Ka Mandir
It is built as a round barrel shaped shikharand is said to be the oldest.It is ascribed to the 8th-9th century rule of Adivaraha Mihir Bhoj of Kannauj. Jahar kund or Bauri-Having been defeated to the enemy ,the modest ladies used to perform Jahar.Jahar was performed in 1232 when Delhi Sultan Iltutmish captured the fort.

Gurjari Mahal
It is a tomb type construction symbolizing love,supported by minars,made of sandstone. Tomar king Man Singh built this for his beloved wife,Queen Mriganayani in 1510.The construction style of this mahal is nique.

Suraj Kund
Built in the 15th century, locals believe that leprosy patient Suraj Sen,a feudal chieftan was cured in 425AD after taking a dip in the Suraj Kund,the water of which was blessed by sage Gwaleepa. Scindhia Museum-This museum ahs been opened with 35 rooms in the palace.Family collections of Maharaja JIyaji Rao are displayed in the museum.Swords of Shahjahan and Aurangazeb and many stuffed animals(hunted by kings) have added attraction to this museum

Getting to Gwalior

By Air
Gwalior airport is located 8km from the main city. It is connected to all the major cities in India by direct flights.

By Rail
Gwalior railway station is conveniently located on the Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi -Chennai rail link. Among major trains, the Taj and Shatabdi Express connect Gwalior with Delhi and Agra.

By Road
Gwalior is well connected by a good road network connecting all the major places in Madhya Pradesh and the surrounding areas. Gwalior is well linked with Agra (118 km), Jaipur (350 km), Delhi (321 km), Lucknow, Bhopal (423 km), Chanderi (239 km), Indore (486 km), Jhansi (101 km), Khajuraho (275 km), Ujjain (455 km),Ahmedabad (971 km) and Shivpuri (114 km)

About Mandu
Mandu is a celebration in stone of life and joy, of the love of the poet-prince Baz Bahadur for his beautiful wife, Rani Roopmati. An ancient town of the medieval age, it is one of India's most historical monuments set against the backdrop of the Vindhyas. Elegant Islamic palaces, mosques and onion-domed mausolea stand beside large medieval reservoirs and precipitous ravines.

Down below the hills, lies a vista of scorched plains and tiny villages that stretch off to the horizon. Archaeological evidence suggests that the remote hill-top was first fortified around the sixth century AD, when it was known as Mandapa-Durga, or "Durga's hall of worship". Four hundred years later, the site became of strategic importance when the powerful Parmaras moved their capital from Ujjain to Dhar, 35 km north. The fort eventually fell to the Sultans of Delhi in 1305. While the Sultans were busy fending off the Mongols on their northern borders a century or so later, Malwa's Afghan governor, Dilawar Khan Ghuri, seized the chance to establish his own independent kingdom. He died after only four years on the throne, however, leaving his ambitious young son as the heir. During his son Hoshang Shah's illustrious 27-year reign, Mandu was promoted from pleasure resort to royal capital, and acquired some of the finest Islamic monuments in Asia, including the Jama Masjid, Delhi Gate, and the Sultan's own tomb.

Mandu's monuments derive from a unique school of Islamic architecture. Much admired for their elegant simplicity, the buildings are believed to have considerably influenced the Mughal architects responsible for building the famous Taj Mahal.


HISTORY
The crown of the hill was fortified as early as in the 6th century BC, but Mandu gained eminence only near the end of the 10th century when the Paramaras formed an independent kingdom based initially at Ujjain and then at Dhar under Raja Bhoja and his successors. The Muslim Khaljis of Delhi in 1304 and the Hindu kingdom of Malwa became part of the Delhi Sultanate under Muslim governors. 

However, the 1401 invasion of Delhi by the Mongols came as a blessing and Malwa seized independence under its Afghan governor. Then began an era of prosperity and fortune that lasted right through the Mughal invasion until the Marathas captured Mandu in 1732. 

Dilawar Khan, a true-blue Afghan opportunist, decided to rebel against his overlords, the Khaljis of Delhi, when they were caught napping by the Mongols.


He made Dhar his capital and it remained so until his death. His son Hoshang Shah, the very same man who destroyed the dams at Bhojpur, soon shifted base to Mandu. Peace, calm and steady expansion were the hallmarks of Hoshang Shah’s reign. Some excellent monuments were erected from then on, among them the Jami Masjid, the Delhi Gate and his own tomb. 

The next king in line, Muhammad Shah, ruled for a year before being poisoned by Mahmud Khan. Mahmud Khan I Khalji thus seized power and founded a new dynasty. He was a brilliant soldier-sultan, under whom Mandu gained both in territory and prestige.

He commissioned many beautiful buildings including his own tomb, the madrassa (school of Islamic education), and a seven-storey Victory Tower, of which only the base now remains.

Mahmud Khan was succeeded by his son Ghiyath-ud-Din in 1469 and another period of peace and prosperity followed, only to be disrupted when Ghiyath-ud-Din’s son, Nasir-ud-Din, found the old man going strong even at 80 and decided to speed up things a bit. He poisoned his father and finally got to sit on the throne of Mandu.

But having done the wicked thing by his father, Nasir-ud-Din never found joy or comfort. Eaten up by guilt and afraid of his own shadow and of being alone, he maintained a harem of 15,000 women out of whom a 1,000 were his personal guards.Nasir-ud-Din had a troubled reign and is believed to have died of guilt 10 years after usurping the throne.

His son who proved to be an ineffective and incompetent ruler succeeded him. Easily swayed by advisers, the kingdom slipped out of his hands when Bahadur Shah of Gujarat conquered Mandu in 1526. Later in 1534, Humayun seized control.

But Mandu did enjoy a brief resurgence under the rule of Baz Bahadur till 1561 when he fled from Akbar’s troops leaving Mandu at the mercy of the great Mughal. The curtain comes down on the history of Mandu at this point. 


TOURIST ATTRACTION

Ashrafi Mahal
The Ashrafi mahal is located opposite of jami masjid, in the main market. To the east of the jami masjid we see a huge platform - like structure which resents an impression of a magnificent building only the ruins of which are now in existence. It was originally build by Mohammed Shah to be used as a madrasa means school for Islamic studies. The walls were covered with marble slabs and small cubicles were build for students to study in. The main entrance of madrasa is constructed so that it gives the inspirational view to the student. But the buildings here belonged to two different stages of construction, the earlier representing a college (Madrasa) attached to Jami Masjid in front, planned and designed in conjunction with it.

Jammi Musjid
Jami Masjid is situated at the tableland of the Mandu and hold a prosperous history of the place and of the Islam in the prior days. Jami Masjid was built by the rulers of Ghauri dynasty. The complicated marble work and its huge size will definitely give you the scope to uncover the mysterious past. Jami Masjid remains quiet and restful as it is not a historical monument only. It was once a place for thousands of worshipers is now nothing but bears history. The large area depicts the capacity of accommodating a hefty amount of worshipers. In Jami Masjid there are small chambers which were used for various reasons. The domes that are place are the hallmark of Afghan architecture.Jami Masjid has two main entranceways that invites tourist to explore the wonderful creation which stands high in prestige and honor of Ghauri dynasty. Also there is a huge artificial lake named Rewa Kund; the tank is well known for its holiness and for its piousness. You can also visit Dai Ka Mahal.

Neelkanth Palace
In Mandu, the Neel Kanth Palace is a much visited tourist spot. The Neel Kanth Palace is located very close to the Neel Kanth temple which is a shrine of Lord Shiva. The enclosure of the shrine has countless trees and a sacred pond which is fed by a nearby stream. Neelkanth Palace was Built by the Mughal governor, Shah Badgah Khan, and was erected for the Hindu wife of Akbar the Great. There are some philosophic inscriptions on its walls which preach the superiority of emancipation over earthliness. Being as a worshipper, a travel lover or a historian, the Neel Kanth Palace is definitely going to attract you to its doors.

Echo Point
Echo Point is very famous and major tourist picnic spots among various monuments of Mandu, because, a shout from here reverberates far below and is heard clearly back. A visit to Echo Point is worth making due to its unique hillside location which results in a clear echo that comes straight back to you. Echo Point is named so because, situated next to a steep hill, the scenic place gets this name from the natural echo phenomenon here

Taveli Mahal
The name Taveli is another form of Tavela which means "Stable". During Mughal rule the Taveli Mahal was used for stables, the apartments in the above two storeys was meant for the accomodation of the guards. There is a gateway seen close to the Taveli Mahal, offering access from the south to the Royal Enclave. The terrace of the Taveli Mahal prescripts a beautiful view of the surrounding country and the ruins, and for that reason it was once converted into a rest house for use of the visitors.

Jain Temple
The Jain Temple, Mandu is the non-Muslim embodiment of art and architecture amongst the several mosques and dargahs which jumble the town. The Jain temples have idols made of gold, silver and marble. The eyes of some of the idols are adorned with shining jade eyes. At the rear, there lies a Jain museum, styled in lines of a theme park, has a walk-on replica of the Palitana. There is also a large image of Jain homilies and stories with moral endings. This Jain temple is very plain from outside but inside is completely adorned with pictures of sinners being tortured in the after life, and the Museum – It has one of the best collections of medieval and pre-medieval Hindu Sculpture in Madhya Pradesh. The Jain Temple, is an important tourist spot in Mandu, you are advised not to give it a miss while you are on your trip to the historical city. The Jain Temple is the last monument in Mandu which one could find in the Village Group. The Jain Temple is a huge complex of several buildings devoted to the Jain Thirthankaras and there is also a Jain Museum in this Complex. There are large idols of Jain Thirthankaras placed all over the Jain Temple.

Rani Roopmati Mahal
Rani Rupamati mahal is a very beautifull palace in mandu surrounded by greenery. Rani Rupamati mahal expresses the love story of Rani Rupamati and Prince Baaz Bahadur. Rani Rupamati was a singer and she belonged to hindu religion. Rani Rupamati and Baaz Bahadur fell in love with each other and got married according to Hindu and Muslim rites.

Adam Khan who got attracted with Rani Rupamati's charm and beauty, attacked Mandu and defeated Baaz Bahadur. Rani Rupamati, on hearing this poisoned herself. The Palaces and forts of Mandu still tell the love story of Rani Rupamati and Baaz Bahadur and helps in exploring the wonders of Mandu. This love story has marked itself in the pages of history and is repeated every time when someone comes to see the Palace of Mandu. As this Palace is not in very good condition, still it is visited by thousands of travelers from all over the world. The Rani Rupamati Mahal bears a perfect romantic structure which manages to attract the visitors with its fantastic architecture.

The Pavilion of Rani Rupamati was constructed by the prince Baaz Bahadur for his beautiful and charming queen, Rupamati. It is situated on the banks of the Rewa Kund. The Rani Rupamati Pavilion stands next to Baz Bahadur's palace and it's construction have Afghan architectural style. These Pavilions was originally constructed as an army observatory.

The Rani Rupamati Pavilion offers a spectacular sunset view over Narmada River. It is, however, the Pavilions on the terrace of the original block, which have given a more distinctive appearance to the building. They are square in plan at the base and are crowned with hemispherical domes fluted both outside and inside. From the style of their arches and pillars, however, the Pavilions were probably built a century earlier than Rupamati's time as they approximate more to the earlier buildings in Mandu. To enjoy the romantic beauty of the site from here one should visit it at the time of sunset or in a clear moon-light when he will feel himself to be in a dream-land of the past, a true experience he might never forget. Echo Point is a very famous place near Rani Rupmati Mahal. It creates attraction in tourist. Here people speak something and they get echo sound, back in a few second.


Rewa kund
The Rewa Kund is a artificial lake built by Baz Bahadur at Mandu, equipped with an aqueduct to supply Roopmati's palace with water. Today, the site is known as a holy spot.

Like the Munj
Talao, the earlier Hindu name of this tank has survived to the present day partly because of the sancity of its waters to the Hindu and partly due to its association with the names of Baz Bahadur and Rupamati who, it seems, widened and rebuilt the Rewa Kund.

The Rewa Kund is lined with masonry from which steps go down to the water level. Above its north-western angle are some halls with arched openings apparently forming part of the pleasure resorts which once stood here facing the crystal waters of the tank. They seem to have undergone additions in different periods thus presenting a variety in their pillars and arches. At the Northern end of the Kund was a water-lift to supply water to the nearby palace of Baz Bahadur.


Sunset Point in Mandu
There is a sunset point in front of Lohani caves, which provides a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside. The Lohani Caves and Temple Ruins, not far from the royal enclave area also merit a visit due to their association with Mandu's history and monuments & Sunset Point here provides a breathtaking spectacle of the surroundings.

Baz Bahadur's Palace
Baz Bahadur’s Palace, Mandu is one such building which has, over the years become one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Mandu. Baz Bahadur had his own palace from where he conducted his daily activities. Entrance of Baz Bahadur's Palace has big courtyards and high terraces. There are some big rooms, which was also served as the music and dance hall.

Situated on the slope of a hill in the midst of a beautiful and colourful natural scenery the main gateway to the Baz Bahadur’s Palace is approached by forty broad steps with landings at intervals. The passage through the gateway is covered with rooms for the guards on both sides and with a vaulted ceiling above, the openings being arched at both ends. The main portion of the Baz Bahadur’s Palace consists of a spacious open court with halls and rooms on all the four sides and a beautiful reservoir in its middle.

The eastern and western sides of the court have almost the same plan. The southern side consists of a hall with two rooms on both sides and openings at the back side into another hall which affords access to another court to the south. This court is much smaller in dimensions than the former court, and was probably meant for the attendants of the Baz Bahadur's palace.

On the terrace of Baz Bahadur's palace, there are two beautiful baradaris from where one can have enchanting view of surrounding country. There is an inscription in Persian over the main entrance of Baz Bahadur's palace which assigns its construction to Sultan Nasir Shah in A H 914 ( A D 1508-9).


Getting to Mandu

By Air
You can also choose to land up in Mandu by air. The nearest airport is at Indore at a distance of 100 km from Mandu. The airport at Indore is well connected to the major neighboring cities, like, Mumbai, Delhi, Gwalior and Bhopal.

By Train
Railways can also be good options to reach Mandu. The nearest railhead is Ratlam - on the Delhi-Mumbai main line. The other option of availing the railways while reaching Mandu is the Indore railway station on a branch route, which is 99 km from the city of Mandu.

By Road
Mandu, one of the preferred destinations of tourists in India, is easily accessible via good road network. The different cities and towns of Mandu are well connected via well maintained roadways. Buses run at regular intervals between Mandu and Indore via Dhar, Mandu and Ratlam and even between Mandu and Bhopal.

ABOUT KHAJURAHO

In the temple architecture of India, the Khajuraho complex remains unique. One thousand years ago, under the generous and artistic patronage of the Chandela Rajput kings of Central India, 85 temples, magnificent in form and richly carved, came up on one site, near the village of Khajuraho. The amazingly short span of 100 years, from 950 AD - 1050 AD, saw the completion of all the temples, in an inspired burst of creativity. Today, of the original 85, only 22 have survived the ravages of time; these remain as a collective paean to life, to joy and to creativity; to the ultimate fusion of man with his creator. Why did the Chandelas choose Khajuraho or Khajirvahila - garden of dates, as it was known then - as the site for their stupendous creations? Even in those days it was no more than a small village. It is possible given the eclectic patronage of the Chandelas and the wide variety of beliefs represented in the temples, that they had the concept of forming a seat of religion and learning at Khajuraho. It is possible that the Chandelas were also believers in the powers of Tantrism; the cult which believes that the gratification of earthly desires is a step closer to the attainment of the infinite. It is certain however, that the temples represent the expression of a highly matured civilization.

Yet another theory is that the erotica of Khajuraho, and indeed of other temples, had a specific purpose. In those days when boys lived in hermitages, following the Hindu law of being "brahmacharis" until they attained manhood, the only way they could prepare themselves for the worldly role of 'householder' was through the study of these sculptures and the earthly passions they depicted.

The creators of Khajuraho claimed descent from the moon. The legend that describes the origin of this great dynasty is a fascinating one: Hemavati, the beautiful young daughter of a Brahmin priest was seduced by the moon god while bathing in the Rati one evening. The child born of this union between a mortal and a god was a son, Chandravarman. Harassed by society, the unwed mother sought refuge in the dense forest of Central India where she was both mother and guru to her young son. The boy grew up to found the great Chandela dynasty. When he was established as a ruler, he had a dream-visitation from his mother, who implored him to build temples that would reveal human passions, and in doing so bring about a realization of the emptiness of human desire. Chandravarman began the construction of the first of the temples, successive rulers added to the fast growing complex.


HISTORY
The past of Khajuraho is shrouded with mystery and conjecture. In the midst of the wilderness full of ferocious animals, there is the small town of Khajuraho standing alone in its solitude with its ancient temples. With hardly any written records and rare references to its origin, the history of Khajuraho has become trapped in the mythical folklore of the region. The beautiful artwork of these temples have gained the attention of the art lovers all over the world but the real purpose behind their construction is a mere guess work of the intellectuals. The These temples fire the imagination of the visitors with innumerable questions such as their significance and their position in the society, the reason behind using these temples as an art gallery, the whereabouts of the said kingdom and why only the temples have been found and there are no ruins of the mansions and palaces in the nearby area. The graphic representation of sexual and erotic postures in a religious place is bewildering too.

However, if the myth it is to be believed, Khajuraho was known as 'Khajur-vahika' or 'Khajjurpura' in the ancient times because of its golden date palms (known as 'khajur') that lined the gates of this city. It has been mentioned in the Mahoba-khand of Chandbardai's (the famous medieval court poet) 'Prithviraj Raso' that Hemraj, the royal priest of Kashi (the old name for Varanasi), had an exceptionally beautiful daughter named Hemvati, who was unfortunately a child widow. One summer night, while she was bathing in a lotus-filled pond, the Moon God was so dazed by her beauty that he descended to earth in human form full of lust and passion and ravished her. Later, he repented when the distressed Hemvati threatened to curse him for ruining her honor and dignity and blessed her with a valiant son who would later become a king and build the temples of Khajuraho. Hemvati left her home and gave birth to a brave and strong boy child in the tiny village of Khajjurpura. The child was named Chandravarman and it is said that by the time he was 16 years old, the glorious boy was strong and skilled enough to kill tigers or lions with his bare hands. With the blessings of the Moon God, his father he became a mighty king and built the fortress at Kalinjar. Then heeding to his mother's wishes he built 85 legendary temples surrounded by lakes and gardens at Khajuraho and also performed the bhandya yagya, to wash away the sins of his mother.

Yet another version of the above legend raises Hemvati as a dutiful daughter who sacrificed all her happiness and dignity for her father. Mani Ram, the royal priest of Kalinjar, miscalculated once and declared the dark night as the full moon night or Purnamasi in front of the king. Hemvati, his widowed daughter could not bear the possibility of any stigma on her father's reputation and prayed to the Moon God to uphold the word of the priest. However, she had to pay a heavy price for her wish being granted when the Moon God who was smitten by the lady's beauty ravished her in return for his favor. When Mani Ram came to know of this entire incident, he was so ashamed and grief-stricken that he cursed himself and turned into a stone. However, Hemvati got pregnant with the tryst and gave birth to a virtuous son by the name of sage Chandrateya who is believed to be the founder of the Chandela dynasty. Chandelas worshipped the Mani Ram-turned-stone as Maniya Dev.


TOURIST ATTRACTION

Khajuraho Temples
Temples are of course, the major attractions of Kahuraho. The temples of Khajuraho are divided into three categories, namely Western Group, Eastern Group and Southern Group. The Western Group temples are the largest, precise and centrally located. The Eastern Group temples comprise of five separated sub-groups in and around the present village of Khajuraho. While, the Southern Group temples are located at some distance.

Kandariya Mahadeo Temple (Western Group)
Kandariya Mahadeo is the biggest and most typical of Khajuraho temples. The temple rises to a height of 31 metres from the ground and around 900 statues, most of them in erotic postures could be seen in the temple. The deity worshipped in this temple is Lord Shiva.

Chaunsat Yogini Temple ( Western Group)
Chaunsat Yogini Temple is the only temple of Khajuraho made of granite. Here the deity worshipped is goddess Kali. Unfortunately, no any image of goddess Kali could survive the adverse condition. Besides, only 35 of the original 65 cells have remained intact.

Chitragupta Temple (Western Group)
Facing eastwards to the rising sun, Chitragupta Temple is dedicated to the sun-god, Surya. The inner sanctum houses a very attractive image of the Sun God. In addition, there are numerous beautiful images on the walls depicting royal processions, group dances and other scenes of sheer luxury.

Parsvanath Temple (Eastern Group)
One of the finest of sculpted Khajuraho temples, Parsvanath Temple is the largest Jain temple of the place. Originally dedicated to Adinath, Saint Parsvanath is now worshipped in the temple. The art forms of the temple are very beautiful and sensitive, but don’t have sexual motifs. The sculptures on the temple walls have an amazing depiction of everyday activity of that period.

Adinatha Temple (Eastern Group)
Adinatha is the last of Jain temples in Khajuraho. The temple walls have some of the most attractive sculptures of yakshis among others.

Duladeo Temple (Southern Group)
Duladeo Temple is one of the most attractive temples of the southern group in Khajuraho. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple has a number of sensuous images of the Apsaras (heaven women) and a few other exquisite sculptures.

EXCURSIONS

Rajgarh Palace
25 km from Khajuraho, just 50-year old Rajgarh Palace is situated at the foot of Maniyagarh hills.

Ajaygarh Fort
80 km from Khajuraho, Ajaygarh Fort is situated at a height of 688 m. This fort remained the capital of Chandelas during the dark times before their reign ended.

Kalinjar Fort
100 km from Khajuraho, Kalinjar fort is as old as the Gupta period and was won over the Chandela ruler Shri Yashovarman in the 10th century. This fort is situated on the Vindhya ranges.

Dhubela Museum
57 km from Khajuraho, Dhubela museum is situated in an old fort on the way to Jhansi. The museum has a rare collection of Bundelkhandi artifacts and a myriad of sculptures of Shakti cult. Besides that, it also has several other sections such as those on clothes, armory and paintings.

Panna National Park
30-minute drive will bring you from Khajuraho to the famous and splendid Panna National Park. The region is rich in wildlife and its highlights are Leopards, Wolves, Gharials, Wild Boars, Sloth Bears, Cheetals, Chowsinghas, Indian Foxes and Porcupines. Flora is not the less inviting with dense teak forests and the panoramic landscape of the sanctuary has deep gorges and lush green serene valleys. But due to the hot summers, this national park remains close from June to October.

Ken Gharial Sanctuary
24 km from Khajuraho, Ken Gharial sanctuary is the best place to see the crocodiles with long-snouts living in their natural home. The dreadful glimpse of the sharp teeth seemingly ready to engulf you at once does not correspond to the behavioral characteristics of these crocodiles with normally peaceful nature. However, it is best to keep the distance.

Pandava Waterfalls
30 km from Khajuraho, Pandava waterfalls are so called because it is believed that Pandavas spent most of their time in exile here. It is on the Ken River.

Raneh Falls
20 km from Khajurao, Raneh Falls are famous for the lovely rock formations on the River Ken. Besides the multihued pure crystalline granite canyon, which is 5 km long and about 100 ft deep, in varying shades of pink, red and gray, there are a number of seasonal waterfalls in the nearby wooded area making it a perfect picnic spot.

Benisagar and Ranguan Lakes
Lake Benisagar is 11 km from Khajuraho while Lake Ranguan is 25 km from Khajuraho. Both these delightful lakes have boating facilities and are perfect venue for a short picnic How to Reach- Khajuraho

Getting to Khajuraho

By Air
Khajuraho Air service is driect link with Delhi, Agra, Varanasi and Kathmandu.

By Rail
There is no direct rail route to reach Khajuraho. The nearest railheads are Harpalpur (94km) and Mahoba (63km). For people coming from North India, Jhansi (172km) is the most convenient railway station for traveling to Khajuraho.

By Road
Well maintained roads connect Khajuraho to cities, in and around Madhya Pradesh. Direct buses easily link Khajuraho to other places like Mahoba, Harpalpur, Satna, Jhansi, Gwalior, Agra, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Indore, and Chhatarpur. Buses of the MP tourism ply between Khajuraho and all these cities.

ABOUT UJJAIN
The city of Ujjain is situated on the banks of the river Shipra the holy river. According to Hindu mythological tale, there was a churning of the ocean by the Gods and Demons happened to get the Nectar for attaining immortality. It is believed that during the wild scramble for immortality, a few drops were spilt from the Nectar which fell over Ujjain because of which it is regarded as a holy city. In the contemperory history the city was governed by the likes of Vikramaditya and Ashoka. Kalidas the famous poet wrote his thought provoking poetry from here. Today, Ujjain represents an interesting blend of an age old legacy and the modern day lifestyle. The Mahakal of Ujjayini is known among the twelve celebrated Jyotirlingas in India.

TOURIST ATTRACTION

Bade Ganeshji Ka Mandir
This temple situated above the tank near the Mahakaleshwar temple, enshrines a huge artistic sculpture of Ganesh, the son of Shiva. An idol of this size and beauty is rarely to be found. The middle of the temple is adorned by an idol of the pancha-mukhi (five faced) Hanuman. There is provision for learning of Sanskrit and Astrology in the temple.

This temple situated above the tank near the Mahakaleshwar temple, enshrines a huge artistic sculpture of Ganesh, the son of Shiva. An idol of this size and beauty is rarely to be found. The middle of the temple is adorned by an idol of the pancha-mukhi (five faced) Hanuman. There is provision for learning of Sanskrit and Astrology in the temple.

Chintaman Ganesh
The temple is built across the Shipra on the Fatehabad railway line. The Ganesh idol enshrined here is supposed to be swayambhu - born of itself. The temple itself is believed to be of considerable antiquity. Riddhi and Siddhi, the consorts of Ganesha, are seated on either side of Ganesha. The artistically carved pillars in the assembly hall date back to the Paramara period. Worshippers throng to this temple because the deity here is traditionally known as Chintaharan Ganesh meaning "the assurer of freedom from worldly anxieties".

Pir Matsyendranath
This is an extremely attractive spot on the banks of the Shipra quite close to the Bhartihari Caves and the Gadkalika Temple. It is dedicated to the memory of one of the great leaders of the Natha sect of Saivism-Matsyendranath. Since Muslims as well as the followers of the Natha sect call their saints 'pir', the ancient site of Pir Matsyendranath is venerated by both. Excavations at this site have yielded some antiquities which date back to the 6th and 7th century BC.

Bhartrihari Caves
These caves are situated just above the bank of the Shipra near the temple of Gadkalika. According to popular tradition, this is the spot where Bhartrihari, who is said to have been the step brother of Vikramaditya, lived and meditated after renouncing worldly life. He is believed to have been a great scholar and poet. His famous works, Shringarshatak, Vairagyashatak, and Nitishatak, are known for the exquisite use of the Sanskrit meter. These caves are situated just above the bank of the Shipra near the temple of Gadkalika. According to popular tradition, this is the spot where Bhartrihari, who is said to have been the step brother of Vikramaditya, lived and meditated after renouncing worldly life. He is believed to have been a great scholar and poet. His famous works, Shringarshatak, Vairagyashatak, and Nitishatak, are known for the exquisite use of the Sanskrit meter.

Kaliadeh Palace
Situated on the banks of the Shipra, the island-like site immediately conjures up the natural beauty of ancient Ujjain which poets down the ages have waxed lyrical. The glorious landscape of the flowing river on both sides of the palace and the man-made tanks and channels, with water gurgling through them, provide spec- -tacular backdrop to the imposing building. The central dome of the palace is a beautiful example of Persian architecture. Two Persian inscriptions found in one of the long corridors of the palace record the visits of Emperor Akbar and Jehangir to this palace. The palace was broken down in the time of the Pindaris and was restored by Madhav Rao Scindia in 1920 to its present glory. The Sun Temple was also restored by the family.

Harsiddhi Temple
This temple occupies a special place in the galaxy of ancient sacred spots of Ujjain. Seated between the idols of Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati, the idol of Annapurna is painted in dark vermilion colour. The Sri Yantra, the symbol of power or shakti, is also enshrined in the temple. According to the Shiva Purana, when Shiva carried away the burning body of Sati from the sacrificial fire, her elbow dropped at this place. There is an interesting legend in the Skanda Purana about the manner in which the Goddess Chandi acquired the epithet of Harsiddhi. Once when Shiva and Parvati were alone on Mount Kailash, two demons called Chand and Prachand tried to force their way in. Shiva called upon Chandi to destroy them which she did. Pleased, Shiva bestowed upon her the epithet of 'one who vanquishes all'. The temple was reconstructed during the Maratha period and the two pillars adorned with lamps are special features of Maratha art. These lamps, lit during Navaratri, present a glorious spectacle. There is an ancient well on the premises, and an artistic pillar adorns the top of it.

Gopal Mandir
This huge temple is situated in the middle of the big market square. It was constructed by Bayajibai Shinde, the queen of Maharajah Daulat Rao Shinde in the 19th century. It is a beautiful example of Maratha architecture. The sanctum sanctorum is inlaid with marble and doors are silver plated. The door in the inner sanctum is said to have been carried to Ghazni from the Somnath temple and from thence by Mahmud Shah Abdali to Lahore. Mahadji Scindia recovered it and now it has been installed in this temple.

Navagraha Mandir (Triveni)
Situated on the Triveni Ghat of the Shipra, the temple is located away from the old site of Ujjaini town. It is dedicated to the nine planets, attracts large crowds on new moon days falling on Saturdays. Its religious importance has increased in recent years though there is no known reference to it in the ancient texts.

Mahakaleshwar
The presiding deity of time, Shiva, in all his splendour reigns eternal in Ujjain. The temple of Mahakaleshwar, its shikhara soaring into the skies, evokes primordial awe and reverence with its majesty. The Mahakal dominates the life of the city and its people, even in the midst of the busy routine of modern preoccupation's, and provides an unbreakable link with past traditions. The presiding deity of time, Shiva, in all his splendour reigns eternal in Ujjain. The temple of Mahakaleshwar, its shikhara soaring into the skies, evokes primordial awe and reverence with its majesty. The Mahakal dominates the life of the city and its people, even in the midst of the busy routine of modern preoccupation's, and provides an unbreakable link with past traditions.

The Vedha Shala (Observatory)
Ujjain enjoyed a position of considerable importance in the field of astronomy. Great works on astronomy such as the Surya Siddhanta and the Panch Siddhanta were written in Ujjain. According to Indian astronomers, the Tropic of Cancer is supposed to pass through Ujjain. It is also the fist meridian of longitude of the Hindu geographers. From about the 4th century BC, Ujjain enjoyed the reputation of being India's Greenwich. The observatory extant today was built by Raja Jai Singh (1686-1743), who was a great scholar. He translated the works of Ptolemy and Euclid into Sanskrit from Arabic. Of the many observatories built by him at Jaipur, Delhi, Varanasi, Mathura, and Ujjain, the one at Ujjain is still in use actively. Astronomical studies are conducted through the Department of Education and the ephemeris is published every year. There is a small planetarium and a telescope to observe the moon, Mars, Jupiter and their satellites. The observatory is also used for weather forecasts.

Sandipani Ashram
The fact that ancient Ujjain apart from its political and religious importance, enjoyed the reputation of being a great seat of learning as early as the Mahabharata period is borne out by the fact that, Lord Krishna and Sudama received regular instruction in the ashram of Guru Sandipani. The area near the ashram is known as Ankapata, popularly believed to have been the place used by Lord Krishna for washing his writing tablet. The numerals 1 to 100 found on a stone are believed to have been engraved by Guru Sandipani. How to Reach- Ujjain

Getting to Ujjain

By Air
Indore Airport is nearest to Ujjain, 53 km away.

By Rail
Ujjain is well connected by express and super-fasttrainsto majorcities ofthe country.

By Road
Ujjain is well connected by roads to/from important towns/cities within the state. Buses ply regularly from Ujjain to nearby towns

                                                    ABOUT KANHA
Situated in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, the picturesque Kanha National Park was the inspiration behind Rudyard Kipling's unforgettable classic Jungle Book. The romance of the Kanha National Park has not reduced over time-it is still as beautiful.

If one were to point to the middle of India, chances are he will pick out the forests of the Banjar and the Halon valley, the two forming the western and eastern halves of the Kanha Tiger Reserve, which have long been famous for their wide diversity of wildlife. The park was created in 1955 by a special law and, since then, it has dedicated itself in preserving a variety of animal species. Many endangered species have indeed been saved here. Today Kanha is among the few most scenic and beautiful wildlife reserves in Asia. This 'Tiger Country' is the ideal home for both predator and prey. By far the most striking features of this region are the open grassy meadows, where sighting blackbuck, swamp deer, sambhar and chital is common. And, if one can transcend into time, a barefooted Mowgli would perhaps come padding along the dusty trail, for this is the land of Kipling's Jungle Book.

How many of you have seen a tiger before? Most of the answers will be ambiguous because everyone wants to see a tiger. Then where can one spot TIGER? Well, even if there are circuses and zoo's all over India, there's some kind of a thrill you experiences when all of a sudden you came across a TIGER roaming freely in the wilderness of its natural habitat: the fields and forests of India. There are numerous Tiger reserves in India, that are preserving this ferocious beast, but nowhere can you see them as often, and as regularly as in Kanha National Park.

Located in the Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh, Kanha national park cum Tiger reserve extends over an area of over 1,940-sq-kms. The major feature of this region's interesting topography is the horseshoe shape valley and the whole park area is surrounded by the spurs of the Mekal. The Surpan River meanders through Kanha's central Maidans, grasslands that cover the extensive plateau. Steep rocky escrapments along the edges offer breathtaking views of the valley.

                                                   Major wild life attraction of kanha
The main wildlife attractions in the park are tiger, bison, gaur, sambhar, chital, more pictures.... barasingha, barking deer, black deer, black buck, chousingha, nilgai, mouse deer, sloth bear, jackal fox, porcupine, hyena, jungle cat, python, pea fowl, hare, monkey, mongoose, tiger, and leopard.

The birds species in the park include storks, teals, pintails, pond herons, egrets, peacock, pea fowl, jungle fowl, spur fowl, partridges, quails, ring doves, spotted parakeets, green pigeons, rock pigeons, cuckoos, papihas, rollers, bee-eater, hoopoes, drongos, warblers, kingfishers, woodpeckers, finches, orioles, owls, and fly catchers.

However, if one animal species were to represent Kanha, it would probably be the barasingha, or the swamp deer. The barasinghas at Kanha are unique, being the hard ground variety, which populate the large open tracts of grass amidst the forests of teak and bamboo. Twenty years ago, the barasingha was faced with extinction but some desperate measures including the fencing-off of some animals helped save them and again the air in Kanha bugle with their rutting calls

The open meadows during the cold winter months are usually teeming with barasinghas and there is plenty of tiger activity around the fringes. A female with two small cubs would circle around at least two or three times during the day and the swamp deer would go berserk, their husky alarm calls ringing through the jungle. Far from being the cunning, smart aleck, portrayed in Disney's adaptation of the Jungle Book, the real "Sher Khan" is true blue-blooded royalty

There is a museum at Kanha depicting attributes and activities of the park and tribal culture. It is closed every Wednesday.

                                      Places Around Kahna
Near Kanha National Park is Bamni Dadar visited by every tourist who comes to the national park. This place is also known as the sunset point. The Kanha National Park is at it scenic best at this point. The sunset from this spot is mesmerizing. The eminent natural splendor of the park comes to the fore here. The grazing sambhar, barking deer, gaurs, and other animals make the ambience magical.

Kanha Museum
There is a museum at Kanha national park, depicting attributes and activities of thepark and the tribal culture of the state of Madhya Pradesh

Getting to Kanha

By Air
Nagpur at 266-kms is the nearest Airport to visit Kanha National Park and is connected by various domestic airline services with Mumbai.

By Rail
Jabalpur at 169-kms is the convenient rail head to visit Kanha.

By Road
Kanha National Park is connected by road with Jabalpur 175-kms, Khajuraho 445-kms, Nagpur 266-kms, Mukki 25-kms, Raipur 219-kms. Within the park: Koshi - Kanha (9-kms), Kishi - Katia (4-kms), Kishi - Mukki (32-kms). There are regular to and fro bus service available from Jabalpur to Kanha.


                                      ABOUT  CHITRAKOOT
Celebrated in the entire Indian literature and sacred books; the abode of Lord Ram, his spouse Sitaji and his brother Lakshman during their exile for about eleven years and a half; capable of purifying the human heart and of attracting the tourists by its charms of nature. Chitrakoot is a holy place famous both for its natural scenery and its spiritual altitude. A tourist is as much thrilled by sighting its beautiful waterfalls, playful young deer and dancing peacocks as a pilgrim is overwhelmed by taking a dip in the Payaswani / Mandakini and by immersing himself in the dust of the Kamadgiri. From times immemorial, the Chitrakoot area has been a live centre of inspiration for cosmic consciousness.Thousands of mendicants, hermits, sages and saints have attained higher and higher spiritual status and have exerted a beneficial impact on the world through their penance,sadhana, yoga, tapasya and various arduous spiritual endeavours. Nature has been very generous in bestowing over the area all the gifts in her power, which enable it to attract pilgrims and tourists alike from all over the world. Atri, Anasuya, Dattatreya, Maharshi Markandeya, Sarbhang, Sutikshna and various other sages, seers, devotees and thinkers have lived in this area through all the ages; and knowledgeable people say that many of such figures are still engaged in tapasya here in various caves and little known places. This lends the area a spiritual aroma which permeates its entire atmosphere and makes it spiritually alive to this day. Chitrakoot is the teerth of all teerths.

According to the Hindu belief, Prayagraj (modern name- Allahabad) is the king of all teerths; but Chitrakoot is rated as more elevated. When Chitrakoot did not go to him as all the other teearths did, Prayagraj was told that Chitrakoot enjoyed a higher status and it was Prayagraj who was expected to go to Chitrakoot and not vice versa. It is said that Prayagraj comes every year to wash off his sins by bathing in the Payaswini. It is also said that all the gods and goddesses came to Chitrakoot when Ram performed the Shraddha ceremony of his father to partake of the shuddhi (i.e. a feast given to all the relatives and friends on the thirteenth day of the a death in the family). They were captivated by the beauty of the place. Lord Ram's presence there added a spiritual dimension to it. So they were unwilling to depart. Vashishtha, the family priest sensing their desire to stay and in accordance with the wishes of Lord Ram, forgot to utter the visarjan (departure) mantra. Thus, all the gods and goddesses have made this place their permanent abode and are always present there. Today also, even when a mere tourist reaches this place strewn profusely with ancient rocks, caves, ashrams and temples with sages engaged in holy and spiritual sadhana, he loses himself unwittingly in the atmosphere charged with unceasing holy rites and enlightening sermons and partakes of the bliss of a world very different from our own. Thousands of pilgrims and seekers of the truth from all parts of the world resort to this place impelled by an irrepressible desire to improve and elevate their lives.

Chitrakoot has had its own identity and this very name since times immemorial. The first known mention of the place is in the Valmiki Ramayan, which is believed to be the first ever Mahakavya composed by the first ever poet. As an unwritten composition, an epic of growth, it was handed down from generation to generation by an oral tradition. As Valmiki is said to be contemporaneous with (or even earlier than) Ram and is believed to have composed the Ramayan before the birth of Ram, the antiquity of its fame can well be guaged. Valmiki speaks of Chitrakoot as an eminently holy place inhabited by the great sages, abounding in monkeys, bears and various other kinds of fauna and flora. Both the sages Bharadwaj and Valmiki speak of Chitrakoot in glowing terms and advise Ram to make it his abode during the period of his exile, as the place was capable of relieving a person of all his desires and of giving him a calm of mind that could make him achieve the highest of the goals in his life. Lord Ram himself admits this bewitching impact of this place. In the ‘Ramopakhyan’ and descriptions of teerthas at various places in the Mahabharat, Chitrakoot finds a favoured place. It ‘Adhyatma Ramayan’ and ‘Brihat Ramayan’ testify to the throbbing spiritually and natural beauty of Chitrakoot. The writer has been told that the latter work devotes as many as sixteen cantos to the description of Chitrakoot and its principal places. Entire Indian literature relating to Ram gives it a unique pride of place. The Rev. Father Kamil Bulke even mentions a ‘Chitrakoot—Mahatmya’; found among the collections of Mackenzie.

Various Sanskrit and Hindi poets also have paid similar tributes to Chitrakoot. Mahakavi Kalidas has described this place beautifully in his epic ‘Raghuvansha’;. He was so much impressed with its charms that he made Chitrakoot (which he calls Ramgiri because of its time-honoured associations with lord Ram) the place of exile of his yaksha in Meghdoot.Tulsidas, the saint-poet of Hindi has spoken very reverently of this place in all his major works-Ramcharit Manas, Kavitawali, Dohawali and Vinay Patrika. The last-mentioned work contains many verses which show a deep personal bond between Tulsidas and Chitrakoot. He spent quite some part of his life here worshipping Ram and craving his darshan. It was here that he had what he must have considered the crowning moment of his achievements--ie. the darshan of his beloved deity Lord Ram at the intercession of Hanumanji. His eminent friend, the noted Hindi poet Rahim (i.e. Abdur Rahim Khankhana, the soldier-statesmen-saint-scholar-poet who was among theNav-Ratnasof Akbar) also spent some time here, when he had fallen from favour with Akbar's son Emperor Jahangir. According to the Beetak literature of the Pranami sect, the saint-poet Mahamati Prannath wrote two of his books - Chhota Kayamatnama and Bara


                                                   TOURIST ATTRACTION

Kayamatnama
The exact place where Prannath lived and composed these works interpretting the Quran and showing its similarities with Shrimad Bhagwat Mahapuran, could not be traced.

Kamadgiri
A forested hill of prime religious significance, this is believed to be the original Chitrakoot. The Bharat Milap Temple is located here. Pilgrims perform a ritual circumambulation of the hill to seek blessings.

Sphatik Shila
This picturesque spot is marked by two immense rocks. It is believed to be the place where Lord Rama and Sita feasted their eyes on the beauty of Chitrakoot.

Hanuman Dhara
Located on a steep hillside, it is approachable by a flight of 360 steps. Here, the waters of a natural spring cascade over an image of Lord Hanuman.

Ram Ghat
On the banks of the River Mandakini, and center of ritual activity, this Ghat is the most frequented in Chitrakoot. The "Aarti" performed in the evening is particularly beautiful.

Janki Kund
An unusual cave over the Mandakini. Said to be the place where Sita bathe

EXCUSIONAL

Gupt Godavari
19 km. This is a tiny rivulet which flows into tanks at the end of an underground cave. The source of this rivulet remains unfathomable. Two natural throne-line rocks in the cave have led to the belief that Lord Rama and his brother Laxman held court here.

Bharat Koop
To attain Salvation, the pilgrimage to Chitrakoot is incomplete without a visit to this hallowed place of worship. It is said that , to crown Lord Rama as the king of Ayodhya, his brother Bharat, collected the waters of all sacred rivers to anoint him with. On the advice of Sage Atri, the waters were later poured into a deep well popularly known as Bharat Koop. A temple dedicated to Lord Rama is also found here.

Sati Anasuya
13 km. It was here that Atri Muni, his wife Anasuya and their three sons meditated. An ashram in Anasuya's name is located here. It is believed that the Mandakini river emerged as a result of Anasuya's meditation.

Rajapur
38 km. The birthplace of Goswami Tulsidas, who wrote the world famous Shri Ram Charita Manas.

Ganeshbagh
11km. On the Karvi-Devangana road near Bankey Siddhapur village, is located Ganeshbagh, where a richly carved temple, a seven storeyed baoli and ruins of a residential palace still exist. The complex was built by Peshwa Vinayak Rao as a summer retreat and is often referred to as a mini-Khajuraho.

Kalinjar
88 km. From Chitrakoot lies the invincible Fort of Kalinjar. Once desired by kings & dynasties, it houses within itself the Nilkanth temple, Swarga Rohan Kund, Vakhandeshwar Mahadev Temple, Shivasari Ganga & Koti Tirth. Other interesting spots within the fort area are Sita Sej, Patal Ganga, Pandu Kund, Budhi-Tall, Bhairon Ki Jharia and Mrigdhara.

Sitapur
Lying on the left bank of Payaswani about 8 km. From Karvi, it is intimately connected with the sacred hills of Kamtanath, which is 2 km to its south – west. Pilgrims first bathe in payaswani at Sitapur and then move on to do the Parikrama of Kamtanath hill. Originally known as Jaisinghpur, it was given to Mahant Charandas by Aman Singh Raja of Panna, who gave it the new name Sitapur in honour of maa Sita. There are twenty four Ghats and several temples along the river, which add to the glory of the town

Rajapur
42 km from Chitrakoot, this place is believed to be the birth place of Goswami Tulsidas. A Tulsi Mandir is situated here.

Marpha
4 km from Gupt Godavari is Marpha, famous for its natural beauty alongwith waterfalls, Jal Mochan Sarovar, Shri Balaji mandir, 5 faced statue of Lord Shankar and ruins of a fort, believed to be built by Chandel Rajas.

Getting to Chitrakoot

By Air
From Chitrakoot the nearest airport is Khajuraho : 185 km.

By Rail
The nearest railway station for Chitrakoot is Karvi : 8 km. Some of the major trains are 1181.1182 and 1159/1160 Agra Howrah Exp); 1107/1108 Bundelkhand Exp; 1449/1450 Mahakaushal Exp (Kutub Exp_; 5009/5010 Chitrakoot Exp (Lucknow-Jabalpur); 1069/1070 Tulsi Exp (Allahabad-Mumbai), Bundelkhand Exp (Gwalior-Allahabad).

By Road
Chitrakoot is well connected by road. There are regular bus services to Banda, Allahabad, Jhansi, Varanasi, Chhatarpur, Satna, Kanpur, Faizabad, Lucknow, Agra, Maihar, etc. Some Road distances are : Allahabad - 125 km. Satna - 75 km. Lucknow - 285 km, Mahoba - 127 km, Kalinjar 88 km, Jhansi 274 km.

                                        ABOUT OMKARESWER
Omkareshwar, the sacred island, shaped like the holiest of all Hindu symbols, 'Om', has drawn to it hundreds of generations of pilgrims. Here, at the confluence of the rivers Narmada and Kaveri, the devout gather to kneel before the Jyotirlinga (one of the twelve throughout India) at the temple of Shri Omkar Mandhata. And here, as in so many of Madhya Pradesh's sacred shrines, the works of Nature complement those of man to provide a setting awe-inspiring in its magnificence.

The island comprises two lofty hills and is divided by a valley in such a way that it appears in the shape of the sacred Hindu symbol 'Om' from above. Between the precipitous hills of the Vindhya on the North and the Satpura on the South, the Narmada forms a deep silent pool which in former times was full of alligators and fish, so tame as to take grain from human hand. This pool is 270 ft below the cantilever type bridge constructed in 1979. The bridge has enhanced the scenic beauty of the place, making it look exceedingly picturesque.


TOURIST ATTRACTION

Shri Omkar Mandhata
The temple stands on a one mile long, half mile wide island formed by the fork of the Narmada. The soft stone of which it was constructed has lent its paliable surface to a rare degree of detailed work, of which the frieze figures on the upper portion is the most striking. Also intricately carved is the stone roof of the temple. Encircling the shrine are verandahs with columns which are carved in circles, polygons and squares.

Siddhnath Temple
A find example of early medieval Brahminic architecture. Its unique feature is a frieze of elephants carved upon a stone slab at its outer perimeter.

24 Avtars
A cluster of Hindu and Jain temples, remarkable for their skillful use of varied architectural modes.

Satmatrika Temples
6 km from Omkareshwar, a group of 10th century temples.

Kajal Rani Cave
9 km from Omkareshwar, this is a particularly picturesque scenic spot, with a panoramic view of the broad acres and gently undulating landscape that stretches in unbroken harmony till the horizon.

Getting to Omkareshwar

By Air
The nearest airport is Indore (77 km) connected by regular flights with Delhi, Mumbai, Bhopal and Gwalior.

By Rail
Nearest railhead is Omkareshwar Road (12 km) on the Ratlam-Khandwa section of the Western Railway

By Road
Omkareshwar is connected to Indore, Ujjain , Khandwa and Omkareshwar Road by regular bus services

ABOUT MADHYA PRADESH
Madhya Pradesh, in its present form, cameinto existence on November 1,2000 following its bifurcation to create a new state of Chhattisgarh.The undivided Madhya Pradesh was founded on November 1, 1956.Madhya Pradesh, because of its central location in India, has remained a crucible of historical currents from North, South, East and West.

Paleolithic, Mesolithic, Neolithic, Chalcolithic and Iron Age Cultures have flourished in the state along Narmada Valley and other river valleys. Rich archaeological wealth has been unearthed in various parts of the state throwing light on its history.

Evidences of earliest human settlements have been found in Bhimbethika and other places of Raisen district. Over 600 rock shelters have been discovered in Bhimbethika. About 500 caves have rock paintings, which depict the life of pre-historic cave-dwellers. Sanchi in Raisen district is a world renowned Buddhist centre known forits stupas, monuments, temples and pillars dating from 3rd century B.C. to 12th century A.D. The most famous Sanchi stupa was built by the Mauryan Emperor Ashoka, then governor of Ujjain. Bhojpur, in the same district is famous for its incomplete but marvelous Shiva temple, built by legendary Parmar King of Dhar, Raja Bhoj (1010-53).Khajuraho in Chhatarpur district is renowned the world over for its unique temples. Built by Chandela rulers from 950-1050 A.D., in a truly inspired burst of creativity these temples are a unique gift to the world. Orchha in Tikamgarh district is a medieval legacy in stone built by Bundela rulers in the 16th and 17th centuries. This land is hallowed by the memories of the great warrior Chhatrasal who illumined the pages of history by his heroic deeds.Madhya Pradesh has a number of important pilgrimage centres. While Ujjain and Omkareshwar have special significance due to Shrines having two of the twelve jyotirlingas, Maheshwar, Mandleshwar, Amarkantak, Hoshangabad are also important in their own rights.

Madhya Pradesh has produced great men and women who are held in high esteem due to their great deeds. India's immortal poet-dramatist Kalidas belonged to Ujjain and great musician Tansen to Gwalior. Bravery of great women like Durgawati, Avantibai, Kamlapati and Devi Ahilya Bai is inscribed in golden letters in history.In the freedom struggle, many movements were successfully launched in Madhya Pradesh coinciding with the Non-Cooperation Movement and Quit India Movement. Flag Satyagraha of Jabalpur in 1923, Salt Satyagraha of 1930 in Jabalpur and Jangle Satyagraha started by tribals are the notable movements. Almost all parts of the state were active in freedom struggle, though at different times.Madhya Pradesh is the second largest Indian state in size with an area of 308,000 sq. kms


HISTORY
Madhya Pradesh occupies perhaps the oldest part of the subcontinent. Close to Bhopal at Bhimbetka are the pre-historic caves that preserve some fascinating paintings dating back toPaleolithic times. Experts have concluded that these are at least asold as the specimen at Pyrnees.

This was perhaps one of the earliest dwellings of human beings. In fact, the excavations here have revealed a cultural sequence right from the late stone age to the early historical period.Madhya Pradesh is therichest state in the country in respect of painted rock-shelters, the majority of which have been found in the districts of Sehore, Bhopal, Raisen, Hoshangabad and Sagar.During the ascendancy of the Guptas the whole region came under the domain of the imperial Guptas and subsequently formed part of Harshvardhan'sempire. With the decline in imperial power the province was broken up into small principalities contending forever to establish their supremacy over one another.Chandels were one such dynasty claiming descent from the moon, who carved out a strong prosperous kingdom for themselves after the decline of the great empire. There was a short spell of inspired construction activity under the Chandels in the 10th to 11th centuries. They are the ones who have left behind the cluster of matchless temples at Khajuraho.

Chandels were followed by Pratihara and Gaharwar Rajput dynasties claiming mythical origins relating their scions to the gods or heroes in the epics. They lived and died by a difficult code of chivalry, wasted away scarce resources in an expensive feudal life style and could not ultimately keep at bay the expanding Muslim power. Rulers of Malwa fought a running battle with the subedars of Gujarat or the commanders of the Sultan of Delhi throughout the sultanate period. The grand Moghul Akbar succeeded in subduing most of them and his sterner grandson Aurangzeb broke through the last pockets of resistance in this region.

Many of the smaller kingdoms trace their origins to the lands granted by the emperor at Delhi to those who had served him well. Bir Singh Deo of Orchcha was for instance installed on his throne by Jehangir who felt obliged to the Bundela chieftain for having removed a painful thorn - Abul Fazal, from his side. Abul Fazal one of the nine jewels of Akbar's court, was murdered at his behest near Gwalior.

Some other principalities came into being with branching of families, internecine quarrels and the munificence of the Marathas who were indomitable with - the decline of the Moghuls. Rulers of Ratlam and Sitamau claim close relationship with the ruling house of jodhpur in Rajasthan.

In course of time the Marathas were replaced by the British who entered into treaty relationships with these princely states and established paramountcy over them. This was the Raj period when the Central Provinces were left for the large part outside developments in British India. The Maharajas were free to indulge in their expensive whims much to the chagrin of their poor populace. This is the world evoked by Kipling in his jungle Book and chronicled by E M Forster in The Hill of Devi. Jhabua, Nagod, Alirajpur, Sarguja, Dewas Senior and junior were quaint names of exotic places where eccentric Englishmen could strive to carve out a career or amass a fortune or simply drop out to. These were destinations where the Prince of Wales or the Viceroy could be taken out for the treat of his life - a tiger shoot, or to savour the extravagant life style of the Maharajas. Most of these blue blooded gentry were content to be renowned for their prowess with a heavy gun or patronage of arts and crafts.

The stirrings of the national movement were slow in this region as most of the area was not directly ruled by the British. Undaunted freedom fighters carried Mahatma Gandhi's message to the masses and exhorted them to take up the battle against colonialism. Some like SubhadraKumari Chauhan nostalgically evoked the regional tradition of valour to inspire her compatriots.

 

 

 

ABOUT PANCHMARI
 

Madhya Pradesh's serene hill station, which happens to be its only one, stands at an altitude of 1067 metres. It is a large plateau, ringed by the lofty hills of the Satpura range. The landscape is characterised by rugged hills, forests and deep ravines. Known as the verdant jewel of the hills, the all - pervading greenery of the region is what strikes the observer. Various hues of green greet the eye - tranquil emerald pools, the green shades that embrace the hills, and the thick, impenetrable forest cover that dominates the region.One of its main attractions, is the splendid view it offers at dusk, when the red sandstone scarp takes on the colour of the sky, in various shades of purple and violet, as the glorious sun sets on Pachmarhi.

Uniquiness
Among the few exceptional hill resorts in India, is Pachmarhi is Madhya Pradesh. It is not on the usual beat of hill station buffs and therefore, not over-developed. Though considered a hill station, it does not offer the predictable mountain fare of awesome heights and spectacular scenery, for the Satpuras are low lying weathered hills. Pachmarhi' s appeal is low key. Peace, seclusion and a quiet unobtrusive beauty are its prime attractions.


HISTORY
Pachmarhi has a somewhat fateful history. The year that Rani of Jhansi and her Maratha soldiers declared Mutiny, a rather prosaic English officer who had a way with words, was sent to the dense Satpura jungles to quell a rebellion. After walking for 17 miles, Captain Forsyth of the Bengal Lancers found himself 2000 feet above the sea and a saucer-shaped plateau spread out before him. The vegetation had changed. The dry yellow grass and naked tree stems had given way to dense green undergrowth, moist banks of streams were covered with ferns and mosses and clear brooks refreshed the tired troops.

TOURIST ATTRACTION

Jaistambha
Jaistambha or satrasta is the only point of Pachmarhi from where seven different paths depart .For sightseeing of Pachmarhi ,Jaistambha can be taken as a starting point for maximum spots.

Bees Falls
Bees falls is hardly 3KMs from Jaistambha .Right turn crossing the Governor house or Rajbhavan & you will be on jungle road towards Bees falls. Leaving the Gypsy after a short walk going down a beautiful water stream appears which is usually used as a bathing pool by the visitors .This water stream flows & jumps into the valley to make one of the most beautiful waterfalls of Pachmarhi Fall makes a buzzing sound as thousand of bees are singing & accordingly called Bees fall. This spectacular fall leaves long lasting memory when one stays under its cold, fresh & pure water which falls directly from the height of 200 ft & soothing feeling of its stroke on ones head is unforgettable experience.

Duchess Falls
Duchess fall is the most beautiful waterfall of Pachmarhi. From Jaistambha take the same road which goes towards Bees fall. Just before turning before turning towards airstrip, turn right & after almost 1KM vehicle has to be left & trekking is essential to reach the waterfall. Lots of stamina & patience is required to get this beauty in the lap of Satpura. Adventurous trekker can visit Sunderkund, Vijay Prapat, Dorothy Deep & bhrant neer in this region.

Pachmarhi Lake (Zheel)
Pachmarhi lake is located just 400 Meters from Jaistambha From this lake Dhoopgarh highest peak of Satpuras looks like a fort. It is surrounded by lush green trees & has a panoramic view .Here boating, camel & horse rides ,toy motorbikes are available for amusements.

Apsara Vihar (Fairy Pools)
From Pandava caves drive of around 1 & ½ KM in Gypsy & trekking of 2KM in jungle & you are at "Fairy Pools” or "Apsara Vihar” .It is an ideal picnic spot. A small charming waterfall of 30ft. height Makes the pool. Care to be taken of Children & non swimmers here. Swimmers can enjoy swimming with diving in this natural pool.

Silver Fall (Rajat Prapat)
Water Stram of Fairy pools falls into a valley making a big fall named Silver fall ,it falls into a depth of around 350 ft.For adventure lovers there is a way to go down ,but with children & family it is not advisable.

Bada Mahadeo Cave
Bada Mahadeo hill (1362 Mt. above mean sea level) is nearly 10 KM from Pachmarhi. In the lap of this hill anceint pious cave is place of prominent tourist interest. On way Handikhoh & Priyadarshini arte spots of panoramic cviews. Gupta Mahadeo ,a narrow cave of 40Mt length ,is onle half an Km far from Bada Mahadeo .Bada Mahadeo Cave is about 20` in width & 50` in length. Inside the cave a sacred pond exists ,in which religious dip is taken by devotees. A natural anceient Shivalingam is worshipped here.On Maha-Shivaratri millions of Shiva devoptees come to worship Mahadeo with loud slogans of "Har Bhola Har Har Mahadeo ".

Chouragarh
Chouragarh is 1316Mts.above mean sea level .It is nearly 3 Km from Bada Mahadeo.To reach the top of the hill one has to climb around 1,250 steps. As an offering to lord Shiva thousands of of Trishuls (Tridents_ are put by the devotees on the top, some of which weigh around 3 to 4 quintals.Chouragarh presents beautiful scenes of dense forest, valleys, hills & distant tribal villages in lap of Satpuras.

Jatashankar
Jatashankar is on the entrance road of Pachamrhi. It is one of the nearest & most beautiful spot of Pachmarhi. The temperature at cave is around 3-4degree lower than Pachmarhi town. Natural Shivalingam under the shade of huge rock formation of Naga is the place of worship as well main attraction here. Huge rock hanging precariously between the rocky walls of the cave is a memorable scene. This miracle of nature reminds powers of almighty.

Catholic Church
Built by the British in 1892, with its Belgian stained-glass windows the church in Panchmarhi, is a notable holiday attraction. The Church has a cemetery with graves dating back to 1859, and both World Wars.

Christ Church
Built by the British in 1875, this church is generally regarded as the most beautiful small church in Madhya Pradesh. The Church's has a hemispherical dome on top with its ribs ending with faces of angels. The stained-glass panes decorating the walls and rear of the altar were imported from Europe. They present a beautiful sight as the sunlight passes through them. The bell is as old as the church and its chimes can be heard from far away.

Satpura National Park
Experience the wild green beauty of Panchmarhi at this National Park, set up in 1981, which is home to a many species of flora and fauna including sal, bamboo and teak trees and tigers, leopards, deer and many varieties of birds.

Bison Lodge
The oldest house in Pachmarhi, constructed in 1862, the Bison Lodge is now a beautiful museum, which displays the rich flora and fauna of Pachmarhi.

Pandav Caves
Five ancient dwellings excavated in the sandstone rock in a low hill. Pachmarhi derives its name from these caves, which, as the legend goes, once provided sanctuary to the five Pandav brothers. These caves are now protected monuments.

Priyadarshini
Previously known as Forsyth Point, this vantage point marks the spot from where Pachmarhi was discovered by a British Officer Captain Forsyth in 1857.

Handi Khoh
This stunning ravine has a 300 feet high precipice and precipitously steep sides.

Mahadeo
Regarded as holy Mahadeo Hill has a shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva and an impressive Shivlinga. On the East Side of the hill is an ancient cave shelter with rock paintings.

Getting to Panchmari

By Road
Pachmari is well connected from Bhopal, Nagpur, Hoshangabad, Chhindwara & Pipariya.

By Rail
Pachmari is only 54 Kms from Pipariya, on Mumbai - Howrah (Central Railway) route via. Itarsi

By Air
The Nearest Air-Port is Bhopal. It is connected from Delhi to Mumbai.

Tour
Tour CodeNights/DaysPickup - DropPlaces
MP 0016 N/7 D Bhopal Rly Sta/Airport Pickup & Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Drop2 Nt Bhopal, 2 Nt Pachmarhi, 2 Nt Kanha National Park
MP 0026 N/7 D Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Pickup & Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Drop1 Nt Jabalpur, 2 Nt Kanha National Park, 1 Nt Amarkantak, 2 Nt Bandhavgarh
MP 0036 N/7 D Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Pickup & Jabalpur Rly Sta/ Airport Drop 2 Nt Bandhavgarh, 1 Nt Amarkantak, 2 Nt Kanha, 1 Nt Jabalpur
MP 004 6 N/7 D Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Pickup & Jabalpur Rly Sta/ Airport Drop3 Nt Kanha National Park, 1 Nt Amarkantak, 2 Nt Bandhavgarh
MP 0056 N/7 D Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Pickup & Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Drop 2 Nt Bandhavgarh, 2 Nt Amarkantak, 2 Nt Kanha
MP 0066 N/7 D Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Pickup & Jabalpur Rly Sta/Airport Drop2 Nt Kanha, 2 Nt Amarkantak, 2 Nt Bandhavgarh


"Vraj" Opp. Panchal Hall Anand Vidyanagar Road Anand Gujarat - 388001 Ph: 02692 245455, E:info@chocolatyholidays.com
Copyright 2013 | Chocolate Tours & Travels. Design by Devraj Infosys